In the municipality of Montegiordano, in the province of Cosenza, the "Tenuta del Castello" farm dominates a spectacular natural setting, between the blue Ionian Sea and the colors of the fertile hills covered with pine trees and Mediterranean scrub. In an area rich in ancient settlements, according to tradition also frequented by the philosopher Pythagoras in the Magna Greek era, stands the castle of the Pignone del Carretto Princes, built in the 17th century on the ruins of the Monastery of St. Ananias, which was destroyed by the Saracens around 1150.
Inhabited until the late 1940s, the castle for a long time was the center of the district's agricultural activities, housing farmers who went from the village to work the land with their families, and still dominates the farm and all the surrounding countryside.
The care of the vineyards, which cover 12 hectares, is the main activity of the "Tenuta del Castello," which is developed around a large winery, equipped with all the most modern equipment, while respecting, however, a very old tradition.
The result is a selected, high-quality wine made with the collaboration of oenologist Riccardo Cotarella, president of the Association of Oenologists.
" Nature puts all the shades, tones, aromas, contrasts, scents at our disposal. Then, the genius is to be able to combine it all perfectly. "